To generate more medical spa leads, you can indeed take the regular lead generation strategies. However, make sure you adjust them to your goals, niche, and budget.
Not all lead generation strategies, as common and popular as they could be, work for all businesses either.
In addition, you need to utilize both online and offline strategies to generate qualified leads. Otherwise, you will be covering one single part of the market in front of you.
Where should you start? Usually, most people tend to get ahead with the online option. It is simpler and often more accessible.
However, we will be reviewing more than the digital options. Instead, look forward to some crucial steps, and lead generation strategies business owners seem to forget yet are effective.
Finding Your Target Audience
Your target audience will vary depending on what services you offer. However, these three steps can help you narrow it down to start working on the strategies:
- Define your niche: Do you offer full-service med spa services, or are you looking to highlight specific procedures?
- Get to know your customers: Your clients already know about your services as a medspa. You can get a sense of what the clients want or need by asking them questions.
- Study your competitors: Look at your competitors to see if they are reaching a wider clientele. Do their strategies work? What strategies can you incorporate into your own plan?
Once you have identified your target audience, you can then focus on making yourself easily identifiable and consistent.
Establish Your Brand
It is worth taking the time to build your brand since it will help you with search engine optimization, marketing, and web development, which will result in more leads.
These are some easy steps to help you create a consistent brand.
- Identify your goal: To get people to inquire about your services, you need to focus on the specials or procedures you highlight.
- Get to know your personality: Do you prefer an exclusive setting or an all-inclusive spa? Are you looking for a relaxed, Zen vibe?
- Have a unique name: Unique names will make you stand out from your competitors.
- Make a slogan: To remind people about your services, a slogan can be used on social media marketing and paid advertising.
- Use color and font strategically: Consistent color schemes and fonts will increase the recognition factor. People should easily see your ads and recognize whom you are without ever having to read the copy.
- Choose a logo: Your logo will be the image that reminds clients about your brand. Clients will become more comfortable clicking on external links once they get used to your logo.
Once you have established your brand, it is now possible to implement it across all your marketing platforms. This will eliminate the need for you to decide what content you want.
Paid Online Advertising for Medical Spa Leads
Paid online advertising such as Google Ads places your campaign in search results for people searching for products or services similar to what you offer.
However, paid ads can go wrong when you don’t know what keywords you need and whom you’re aiming them for. Thus, you better have a look at these 5-steps to guarantee you don’t waste your time (and money):
- Set your goal: Do you want to increase traffic to your website or get people to call to learn more about your services?
- Choose where to advertise: Are you looking to reach a wider audience?
- Send a specific message: Is your advertisement for special treatment? Three sentences are enough to draw attention to your advertisement or create an easily identifiable banner using your logo, slogan, and colors.
- Set your budget: You can easily tailor pay-per-click (PPC) services to suit your budget. They can also help you reduce costs based on your goals. A budget calculator is available on every website to help you choose the best marketing strategy.
- Go live: Your ad will appear in search results for products and services related to your product or service once you have become live.
Paid online advertising can be easily customized and edited based on real-time data. You can track the success of campaigns and adapt your strategy to match the trends.
Tools like Google Analytics and reading news can help to understand trends better.
Focus on Social Media Marketing
Although over 65% of people worldwide use social media every day, there’s more to it than just getting sales or deals when it is about marketing. Instead, you can achieve several results based on what your goals are.
To give you a clear idea, social media marketing can be divided into four types.
- Link clicks: This campaign directs customers/clients to click on a link that will take them to your website. The customer should be directed to another page in order to view your content.
- Website conversions: This one allows customers to book appointments and purchase products or services right from your website. Website visits are converted into clients.
- Video views: It displays a video with your content to quickly get your information in front of potential clients. Depending on your goals and budget, video ads can last anywhere from 3 seconds to 3 mins.
- Post Engagement: This type of campaign is specifically for your followers to interact with your posts through “like/share/comment.” This can be good if you want to reach potential clients through your existing customers.
You must create compelling copy and visuals to make your social media marketing campaigns a success.
- Create compelling copy: Use keywords that are relevant to the services you want to market.
- Produce exciting visuals: You can use images or videos, but you need to keep them relevant to your services.
- Call to action: Your clients should be given action, such as: “Reserve, Get Started, Check It Out, Learn More, etc.”
Real-time analytics are available on social media sites like Instagram and Facebook to allow you to track how your campaigns are performing.
Optimize Your Website & Blog Posts
Your website and blog posts should appeal to search engine algorithms.
Many resources are available to assist you in strategizing content for your website or social media platforms so that you rank high in search results for your target audience.
- Keyword Research: Now that you have a good idea of your audience and what you want to market, you can now determine which keywords will help Google rank your content high. To help the algorithm find your content, use a keyword planner.
- Keywords in content: Use keywords to make sure the algorithm finds results from many places.
Google will rank slow websites at the bottom of search results. To ensure your website is speedy, make sure you use a website speed monitor regularly.
- Use keywords in landing pages: Your landing page title should contain keywords that relate to medical spa location or development. You should delete pages that are not performing well and set new ones.
Your branding should be consistent across your website and social media platforms to make you recognizable and trustworthy, especially if your advertising content is linked back to your website.
Is It Back? Email Marketing Never Died
Email marketing adds a personal touch to your business and makes it feel more personal. You should use five types of email marketing to promote your med spa:
- To thank and welcome new clients who choose your spa, send them welcome emails.
- Email newsletters to keep clients informed about any new products or services.
- Transactional emails to provide a receipt of services received or an overview.
- Emails to re-engage should offer special opportunities to existing or new clients.
- Emails with stories and reviews to highlight the stories of your clients and make them more personal.
Many email marketing services such as Mailchimp offer packages that include additional perks like customer surveys or feedback.
Online Reputation Management
This directly relates to the number of reviews you receive on Yelp, Groupon, and Google sites. Also, directly in your profiles and even website.
Positive reviews will far outweigh negative ones if you offer a way for clients to leave reviews. You should not be afraid of creating content that highlights positive reviews to showcase how people rely on you.
A great customer service experience is a key way to generate more sales qualified leads. Clients will be able to share their experiences with others, and it will help you get more clients. Of course, it also helps with your reputation.
You can generate more medical spa leads by providing excellent customer service from when you book an appointment to when people receive in-treatment.
Set Up an Email Referral Program
IN addition to using email marketing, as we previously mentioned, we want to add something else: A referral program.
Email marketing is one of the most effective lead nurturing strategies for your business. Since you can also use it for leads, it is possible to perform your strategies well.
A referral program via email is a great way to get new leads from people who are already interested in your business. Encourage your existing subscribers to invite friends and family members to visit your spa, sign up for your email list, or make an appointment.
To launch a successful email program, you can follow these steps:
- Select a reward that is relevant to both the existing and new customer/subscriber.
- Mention the benefits of the referral program.
- Make sure to include relevant copies and images in your referral email.
- To keep track of referrals, set up a tracking system.
You Need to Make Your Brand Consistent
Your brand consistency is a key part of generating leads for med spas. There is a lot of information available online.
How can your med spa company cut through the clutter?
A consistent brand is a way to break through the clutter. It will help your audience trust you.
Your brand includes your logo and tone, messaging, color palette, and the type of content you produce—all we have mentioned so far.
Your audience won’t be able to recognize you and your values if you constantly change your logo, messaging, or services.
To remain authentic, trustworthy, professional, and consistent with your brand, you must maintain it.
You should have a consistent brand across all platforms. Your website, blog, business listings, and social media accounts should all have the same tone of voice and messaging. Make sure you have the same tone and messaging across all platforms.
Your digital presence should be kept up to date.
Potential leads will think that you are inactive and stale if they visit your website or social media profiles. To attract the right leads, keep your information up-to-date and relevant.
Keep Track of Your Conversions
Your lead generation strategy should include tracking your conversions.
While it’s exciting to look at new avenues for lead generation, you shouldn’t overlook what is already working.
To track conversions, you can look at things such as website bookings and phone appointments.
Conversion tracking can help you determine where to concentrate your lead generation efforts.
We know you will fall into the group of people who feel like generating qualified leads or just medical spa leads are one of the toughest tasks ever. However, this can be overcome by monitoring conversions and capitalizing upon what works.
When looking at conversions, consider both your paid and owned strategies.
You can see who is clicking through social media, email campaigns, and sponsored content. You should evaluate if these clicks lead to appointments being booked. If so, you should double your efforts on that platform.
Opt-ins are a great way to differentiate your business in the medspa lead generation arena. Opt-ins can be used to collect email addresses and soft-sell your services. Here are some examples:
- Guides for information.
- Subscribe to our email newsletter.
- Book a consultation for free.
If done right, opt-ins can be a useful channel for your lead generation efforts. This is especially true for email marketing.
Opt-ins allow your leads to assess your value before making a purchase. This can help you build trust with your leads and establish authority by giving them the chance to evaluate what you have to offer.
Host Events for Your Prospects
In the digital age, consumers are increasingly looking for unique experiences with brands.
They want to be able to see themselves in the culture of a company and find out if it has values that align with theirs. This is why more companies are focusing on event marketing and planning.
Hosting events can help you differentiate your med spa business and give clients an experience they will never forget.
You can host virtual events if you are unable to host an in-person event. Virtual events can be arranged in the following ways:
- A day of a spa at home for new leads.
- Live Q&A with one of your med spa experts.
- A happy hour where leads can share their med spa tips and experiences.
You can also host events to allow you to meet your leads face-to-face and answer their questions in real-time.
Your business will stand out thanks to your authenticity and helpfulness, as well as the unique experience they have.
It can be difficult to manage lead generation in a business. However, if you consider that you can turn to other businesses when you’re having trouble generating leads, things can get easier.
You can reach new audiences by creating strategic partnerships with other companies.
You must create a list that aligns with your business values but is not directly competing with you if you are looking to form partnerships.
Complementary businesses can collaborate to refer customers to each other without directly affecting one another’s bottom lines—partner with them by sharing content, promotions, or discount offers.
You should look for businesses that have similar target audiences to yours as well as a strong reputation. You don’t want to be tied to any business that poses a risk to your brand.
Popups and Their Utility
Popups are those squares or windows you hate when you enter a site. However, they can be very useful when people are really interested in the content and the business’s offerings.
You might have noticed that not all are the same.
While some popups will appear immediately after you enter, others may take longer. This is because there’s a reason for it. To understand why you must know the details of each popup.
- Enter: These are great for collecting email addresses, promoting discounts, navigating into areas that interest you, or getting your visitors’ attention to something.
- Exit: Exit popups are a way to collect information from visitors about leaving your site and encourage them to use your services.
- Click on: This one displays when a visitor clicks a button or an item. Click popups work best to avoid redirecting visitors from one page to another.
- Timed: Displays within a specific time after visitors arrive. Popups that have been timed are best for visitors to look around before making their pitch.
- Scroll: These popups are used to make sure that you have read a portion of the page before making your pitch.
How can you make this popup work for your medical spa business?
Many factors influence their performance and whether people care enough to give the information they need.
These are the essential aspects to consider if you wish to make them a reality.
- Speed – Performance is the top priority for website popups. Visitors can be disoriented by slow loading times.
- Relevance – It’s crucial to use the correct message at the right time and on the right page.
- Leave options – A website popup that you can’t close won’t make your visitors happy.
- Use appropriate language when calling to action buttons like “submit” or “claim.” Instead, use action-oriented language.
What would you use these popups for? Are they really so useful?
Depending on the website popup you have, a website popup can be used for any purpose and help you reach your digital marketing goals. These are some of the most popular:
- Building an Email List.
To send your newsletter, you need to get their email addresses.
Are you a webmaster who has a website that requires special attention? Use an entry popup to alert visitors and direct them towards your site.
An entry popup allows you to advertise your new services page to everyone who visits and makes their navigation simpler.
Popups can be a great way for you to promote special offers, discounts, or other limited-time offers.
- Quote or booking abandonment.
Your visitors will be stopped from leaving if they click on an exit popup as they prepare to sign up for a request or want to book a service in your spa.
Create Engaging Forms
If you don’t give people an avenue to reach you, they won’t be able to convert into quality leads or clients.
These forms we mention are essential for your website and platform. However, they should be attractive to encourage users to fill them in.
If someone takes the time and completes a contact, registration, or sign-up form, they are likely to be interested. Next, you can contact them by emailing, calling, or both.
To gather important information about your clients, you can also use these forms.
It is possible to ask your lead their name, email address, and genre. This will help you better understand your lead and allow you to target different audiences with different offers.
The Local Lead Generation Process for Your Medical Spa Business
All right! So, everything is about building properties and generating leads. But how does the process actually take place? Are there other steps I need to know?
The steps I mention below are what students from our local lead generation program follow to generate leads for businesses like yourself. So I’ll help you see what we do. And how if you join our program, you can simply generate leads for your own business (unless you want to start a side hustle and build a laptop lifestyle business).
Essentially, our lead generation can be divided into four steps:
The first is prospecting. You need to take the time to do market research on a niche (industry) and determine how many phone-driven businesses are there.
Keep in mind that this is local research as you need to know how many companies need leads. For example, you may search for “plumbing services Youngstown OH.”
You will find dozens or even hundreds of businesses trying to get themselves in front of the customers by ranking on Map Listings, organic results, and even Ad.
The second step, building. When you find a niche (plumbing, tree services, a software company, real estate…), you will need to start building your digital properties. You don’t need to be an expert in HTML or coding. It can be easy with the right tools.
The third step is now taking time to rank your lead gen website. With the site done, you need to work on SEO strategies and start dominating those Google search results. If you’re new to SEO, it stands for Search Engine Optimization.
To keep it simple, it consists of the entire process of growing a company’s visibility on search engines like Google and generating organic traffic. And remember this, local lead generation is part of the strategies.
Moving on to step four, once you rank the site, you will start getting your ROI and profits. You only need to rent it out to a local business interested in the leads the site generates. You can offer a couple of free leads to their move on with the actual pay per lead.
To review steps 1-4 above, I described it to a normal student who is building a lead gen business to help local service providers generate more calls. But replace the student with you as the business owner. And replace sending the leads to a business to simply siphoning the leads to your personal business.
By the way, fun fact, about 20% of our students in our local lead gen program are actually business owners who went through the program. And they use the skillsets we teach to generate leads for their own business.
An Example of Lead Generation: Home Advisor
You must be thinking, “if lead generation sounds so good so far, how come I haven’t seen any company?” That’s the thing; there are many out there. You just don’t know they are dedicated to it.
HomeAdvisor is one of the best examples you can find on the Internet as it is a top lead generation company that has spent millions building its brand but also earned even more zeros for this same reason.
They started small as everyone else but invested in building their brand awareness to make people who are looking for home services go to their website and find what they need. They are over 75% of people’s first choice when they need those services.
If you don’t get HomeAdvisor that much or need a refresh, users need to submit their information to request a service and get a professional or expert who can provide it.
HomeAdvisor’s job is to share your information, which makes you a lead, with local companies so they can contact you and offer the service you’re requesting. For sharing this lead information, HomeAdvisor gets paid by the companies. This happens for every single lead they send to multiple businesses.
Business owners who don’t have marketing skills or don’t even know how to have any online presence will always rely on those pages to list their services. They will save time and effort, but companies like HomeAdvisor can make them spend lots of money as leads aren’t exclusive (one lead is sent to multiple companies after all).
Using Facebook Ads aka Paid Ad Platforms: Do They Generate Leads?
They DO generate leads. If not, no one would use them.
However, you need to remember two facts:
- Paid ads or platforms can be expensive.
- They don’t generate “natural” leads.
Whenever someone sees or clicks in one of those ads, over 80% of them did it by accident or are trying to close/report it.
Why? Because they aren’t looking for those services. At least not at the moment.
What those ads do instead is interrupt their time on the platforms. Users aren’t there to find companies or businesses unless they are searching for a specific company’s user, and for that, there’s a search bar. This is why it is hard to convert them to actual customers who will show interest in the companies’ services. Also, you’re limited by a budget.
When using lead generation, everything is organic. You aren’t forcing others to pay attention to your business but rather being there when they need you. This is why Google’s organic traffic will always beat paid ads, and the reason companies continue investing in it, which is a lot cheaper as well.
What Is Local SEO?
Don’t worry… I didn’t get it at first either. Following the short explanation, local SEO focuses on scaling businesses’ visibility on search engines. However, this is only for those who serve their communities face-to-face.
What does this mean?
Experts and professionals like painters, plumbers, and dentists (but not only them) offer their services to their local customers. Why? Because they can’t deliver them unless they are located in the same area of their customers.
To make sure those businesses get more leads, you need to rank them locally by claiming the business listing on Google to place them on Map Listings. Local SEO also involves online reviews, citation management, and how you manage your entire online presence in the local area.
If you are going to bet on lead gen, you need to adapt yourself to today’s world: The Internet.
Keep in mind that although traditional channels and methods like billboards, warm calls, and pamphlets still work, they aren’t part of your tools. Whenever someone needs a service, they go to Google and search for it.
“Dentist in Miami” or “plumbing services in Orlando,” etc. And you can keep coming up with services or professionals people need and look for. Thus, you need to make sure you’re using Google to get the companies in front of their clients.
Users will always click on the first search results (those near the top), and many of them will be either Ad links (people paid to place their websites there), Map Listing, and then you get websites. Almost all of them are your goal and where you should always aim to place yourself.
Can My Medical Spa Business Utilize a Local Lead Generation Strategy?
If you want customers, you better know you need it. Following the previous explanation, lead gen is all about placing businesses in front of their customers, choosing them over their competitors.
Put it simply – it’s all about closing deals and having clients for those companies to make money. The main difference with the usual methods companies use for this is how lead generation approaches different channels to get them in the right place of the market to get customers.
Those channels are all focused on the Internet as most people are searching for products but also services across the net. The issue is that the Internet is way too broad, and businesses don’t know how to place themselves. They usually try, but they get one common result: losing money and time.
How Powerful Are Organic Medical Spa Leads from Google?
For companies looking for customers, it’s everything. For you? Pretty much the same. When you build a business with digital properties, you get to make thousands of dollars a month.
This isn’t a “get started today and get rich tomorrow” thing, but it is HIGHLY scalable, and ROI + positive results are guaranteed. Learning a fairly decent and very needed set of skills to create your digital properties and start ranking them on Google is required.
I have invested in several online businesses over the years, and if there’s something uncertain, whether you will get your ROI or not, even more than the actual profit.
However, this business moved my earnings from five figures a year to a month in ONLY passive income while sitting comfortably at home.
On my laptop. Anywhere. Anytime.
You can look at one of the first sites I built back in 2016, and it continues making me over $1.000+ every month. The best part is that I don’t need to touch it or the rest I’ve built over the years, just like this digital property.
What Makes Lead Generation SO Alluring?
Here it goes: you can work from home.
The main issue with regular business opportunities is how much you need to invest in staff, equipment, or rent to have a place to sell your products or offer your services.
We all know the hassles of traditional businesses that involve regular expenses, which are extremely high. Can you afford it? I don’t think so, and even if you can, is it worth it? Now, it isn’t only about the money. You also need to put in a lot of work, and it isn’t only during the first couple of months or years. Usually, it is as long as you continue running it.
You can save yourself those headaches and bone-breaking tasks and expenses with lead gen since it is more about generating leads with digital channels—mainly websites.
Websites can be VERY cheap to build, and with many tools online, you get to do it in a couple of hours instead of days. Any virtual or digital business is scalable and won’t need constant maintenance.
So, let’s summarize this:
- You save money in regular expenses with traditional and most online businesses as what you need is yourself and digital properties (websites).
- You can bet on passive income.
- There’s no need to hire more people to get started.
- You can generate leads in multiple industries, which allows you to work on any niche you want.
How Can I Get Started in the Local Lead Generation Program?
Anyone can start and learn. That’s the beauty of this business model. I knew nothing about SEO, Map Listing, and everything I’ve mentioned so far. It is all about learning the skills, gaining experience, and deciding to take the step.
Remember that this business model will never get old as business owners are always looking for leads. They need to do business and scale their companies. Why not do the same while helping others and still making money?
You can start with this local lead generation course highly recommended for anyone wanting to grow in the business. It is a close training that will take you through each step and make sure you are able to get your ROI, profits and take control of your life.
You will be added to an incredible lead generation family ready to help you 24/7 when asking questions on the group. Anyone is welcome who’s willing to put in the work. Click here to watch the lead gen webinar.